OffHeap 55. JDKs are rolling out! Microprofile 4.0, OSGI moving to Eclipse, Encryption backdoors and API Court shenanigans
So JDK 16 is rolling out, and keeping with the new six month cadence, we are getting new toys at least twice a year! We also have Microprofile 4 being released.
In addition, we see the Eclipse Foundation getting bigger and bigger as it welcomes the OSGi alliance (how big will it become?)
Lastly we talk about backdoor encryption requests, and the Case that will never die… Google V Oracle API Copyrights. Covering it all in our brand new OffHeap Episode!
- JDK 16 JEPs rolling in: https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/16/
- Payara releases Jakarta EE 9 compatible container: https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2020/10/kicking-the-tires-of-jakarta-ee-9-with-payara.html
- Eclipse Transformer (discuss?): https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-transformer
- MicroProfile 4.0: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.microprofile/releases/microprofile-4.0
- OSGi Alliance to Eclipse https://blog.osgi.org/2020/10/announcement-of-transition-to-eclipse.html?m=1
- Backdoor encryption Access https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/12/21513212/backdoor-encryption-access-us-canada-australia-new-zealand-uk-india-japan
- Google AntiTrust Suit https://apnews.com/article/google-justice-department-antitrust-0510e8f9047956254455ec5d4db06044
- Google Oracle Supreme Court – https://www.c-span.org/video/?469263-1/google-v-oracle-america-oral-argument#