Ah, we got together with our usual suspects, and while our local Curmudgeon was enjoying his Old-fashioned, I was enjoying Cold Medicine. Even so, we went through the biggest events that happened this year, including the Oracle v Google debacle, The new copy-and-kill strategies from cloud providers, the proliferation of Java implementations, the re-emergence of Eclipse Foundation as a home for standards, and of course, the Java EE (reincarnated as Jakarta EE) saga.
It has been a great year, and we couldn’t have made it with our listeners. Thanks for listening to our podcasts. We have expanded our OffHeap family, so don’t forget to check all of our podcasts. And you can always drop off a line @offheap (https://twitter.com/offheap)
- Java Pub House (https://www.javapubhouse.com)
- Breaking into Open Source (https://www.pubhouse.net/breaking-into-open-source)
- Stackd, formally Enterprise Java News(http://enterprisejavanews.com/)
- And more coming on 2020!
- Oracle moving OpenWorld from San Francisco to Las Vegas Caesars Forum
- Quarkus 1.1 CR
- JUnit 4.13
- DevNexus (We’ll be there!)
- Dev Dot Next (Bob and I will be presenting there!)